Monday, February 17, 2014

Being Stalked by the Beast of Darkness

When I was a child,
Starlight danced and
Whirled in my heart,
Lighting my mind and
Making me wild.

Yet, I was stalked by the beast
Of darkness lying ahead.
Soon the sun sets on my journey
Along the paths of the dead.

When I, as a young man,
With memories still new,
Somehow, I knew that life,
Was for living and
Giving that liar of old,
The devil, his due.

Yet, I was stalked by darkness,
By the beast up ahead.
Soon the sun sets on my journey
Along the paths of the dead.

Now I am older, feebler, but
Bolder than the child inside.
I can no longer run, seek or hide
From the knowledge that
Hope is my temple and
Love is my bride.

I am stalked by the beast
Of darkness, my old friend,
That waits for his feast
When my journey does end.

© 2013 Charles M Baker III

No comments:

Post a Comment